Is it time for a website redesign?
Technology today moves at a very rapid pace. It seems like everyday there are new features or tools developed that can enhance the design, navigation and functionality of your website. While it may seem overwhelming, it’s definitely important for small business owners to stay on top of those advancements and be able to present the best image (and user experience) to their existing and prospective customers.
Here are 5 key indicators to help determine if its time for a website redesign:
- Business Expansion/Growth. If your business is growing it’s likely you are adding new products, services and/or employees and might even be trying to reach a different type of customer.
- New Brand/Voice. If you’re taking the business in a new direction, your website must follow in its design and functionality.
- Blog & Social Media Integration. Have you started to blog on a consistent basis? Is your blog on a separate domain and not integrated seamlessly with your website? Also, you may have added or increased your social media activity since your last website design.
- Outdated Style. Do you hesitate when a prospect asks to see your website? Or do you immediately make an excuse and say it’s about to be redesigned? If the answer is yes to one or both of the questions above, it’s definitely time for a website redesign. The preferred aesthetics and navigational features of websites change with time and taste. Make sure your website doesn’t look like it’s from the last decade.
- Mobile friendly. This could be one of the most important factors in your decision to redesign your website. It’s estimated today that more than 50% of the people that access your website are doing it from a mobile device. So, be sure they are having a good experience. If you are ready to move forward be sure to your website design is “responsive” which will automatically adapt the content, images and functionality of your website to a mobile device platform enhancing the user’s experience.
What do you think? How do you know when it’s time to redesign your website? Tell us in the comments section below.