Customers Seek Personal Touch
The social distancing imposed by COVID-19 means that now more than ever businesses need to keep in touch with customers. Email is a great way to accomplish that. Small businesses have an advantage over larger ones because they are more likely to have a personal relationship with customers. That’s why it’s important to create personalized email messages when reaching out to them.
Understanding just what makes an email marketing message personalized can be confusing. T.E. Digital offers a free webinar with insight on how to get truly personal with correspondence.
What’s in a name?
More than 60 years ago, Dale Carnegie, the author of “How to Win Friends and Influence People” said, “A person’s name is to him or her the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” Even in the digital age, seeing one’s name on correspondence prompts attention.
Personalizing an email means much more than simply inserting a first name. To be effective in marketing efforts, personalization in emails means crafting them in ways that make them appear custom-made for the individual.
Why it matters
While making something more personal may seem like a novel gesture, it actually delivers results. Small businesses putting effort into their email marketing efforts should do all they can to deliver a positive ROI. Here are just some statistics that should sway you to invest time in personalization:
- Personalized emails deliver six times higher transaction rates.
- Personalized email marketing generates a median ROI of 122%.
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened.
- Compared to non-personalized mailings, personalized promotional mailings have 29% higher unique open rates.
- Brands that personalize promotional marketing emails experience 27% higher unique click-through rates.
- Segmented, targeted, and personalized emails generate 58% of all revenue.
- Birthday emails generate 342% higher revenue per email than promotional emails.
- When an email is not personalized, 52% of customers say they’ll find somewhere else to go.
The information in this important webinar will provide insight on:
- What it means to personalize your email campaigns
- How to add simple personalization in your emails
- How to personalize based on what you know about your subscribers
As businesses look for new ways to keep in touch with current customers and reach prospective customers during COVID-19, there are great benefits in email marketing. Make your efforts effective with personalization.